NEET is an entrance examination which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education every year for admission to MBBS/BDS course. We recommend candidates to fill up the NEET 2016 -2017 application form before the last date (announcing soon). We will keep on updating the latest information about NEET 2016 at our portal. Find the general information about NEET here in this article such as how to fill up the application form, admit card, eligibility criteria, exam date, application fee, result etc. Students from state boards won’t have to appear in NEET, conducting on 24th July, 2016, they can become part of NEET exam from the next session. State board are given option to conduct their own test or go with NEET. This year, NEET will cover all government colleges,private medical colleges and deemed universities.
Target NEET 2017
We are specifying below the minimum eligibility criteria for NEET as per 2016 Exam; have a look in case you are going to appear in NEET Exam 2017:
- In order to appear in NEET Exam 2017 applicants must be either citizen of India or Overseas citizen of India.
- Applicants excluding SC/ST/other backward classes are required to secure at least 50% marks in qualifying exam along with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology. For SC/ST/Other backward classes applicants the minimum secured marks is 40%.
|Commencement of applications||1st week of December 2016|
|Last date to submit applications (without late fee)||Last week of December 2016|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE||2nd week of January 2017|
|Last date to submit application form (without late fee)||Last week of January 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||1st week of February 2017|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April 2017|
|Examination date (NEET 2017)||1st week of May 2017|
|Results declaration||1st week of June 2017|
NEET 2017 Application form
The applicants have to apply online from the official website of the authority. The application forms will be available from the 1st week of December 2017. The applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria & instructions carefully before they start application process. Once the application form has filled completely, the applicants have to send the confirmation page along with other necessary documents at this address-
The Assistant Secretary (NEET), Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi- 110092
The applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the application process. The application fee can be paid through online (using debit/ credit card) or offline (using bank challan) mode. The application fees for different categories are as follows-
- For General/OBC- Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 2000/- with late fee)
- For SC/ST/PH- Rs. 550/- (Rs. 1550/- with late fee)
- The examination will be based on offline mode with duration of 3 hours.
- There will be total 180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available in English & Hindi both.
The question paper of NEET 2017 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
- Botany- 45 questions
- Physics- 45 questions
- Zoology- 45 questions
- Chemistry- 45 questions
- Total- 180 questions